Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I view the hall before making a final booking?
A. Yes, a visit can be arranged by contacting Christine Barton (see Contact page)

Q. Is there access for disabled persons?
A. Yes we are fully compliant for disabled access and there is also a disabled washroom facility (see Hall plan).

Q. At what time must the hall be vacated?
A. Normally by 1am at the latest but it will depend on the hours you have booked and the alcohol (Bar) licence you have asked us to provide or you have been provided with via a 3rd party who is catering for your function. (See Bar terms and Conditions).

Q. Is there a Car Park at the Hall?

A. Yes including 2 designated disabled parking spaces.  (See T & C No.6)



Q. Does the hall hire charge include furniture?
A. The hire charge includes use of our standard rectangular tables and associated chairs. If you require round or larger tables for a special dining function, we can help arrange that for you, but the cost of this would be additional.

Q. Are cutlery and crockery available?
A. We have a full dinner and tea service and a good supply of glassware.   You will be responsible for washing / drying and placing the items back into storage.


Q. Can I hire our own equipment?
A. Yes, but it will have to be collected the following day at the latest by either you or your supplier.  (See T & C No.13)


Q. Can I put up decorations for my event?

A. Yes.   (See T & C No.12)


 Q. Can I bring in Helium balloons?
A. Helium balloons are allowed in the Hall but they must be weighted or tied down so that they do not escape to the roof of the main hall which is high.   The hirer will be liable to a charge to cover the cost of recovery if let loose.



Q. Can I do my own catering or hire an outside caterer?
A. Yes, as the Hall does not have an in-house caterer.  (See T & C No.15)


Q. What are the arrangements for the bar?
A. A fully licensed well-stocked bar can be provided and staffed by Hall volunteers. However you are free to bring in your own bar.  Note - if alcohol is on sale and not provided by us then your supplier must hold a valid licence to sell in our venue on that night (See Bar terms and Conditions).

Q. What time does the bar stop serving drinks?
A. It depends on the licence you have asked us or your own licensee to provide, but usually 12.30am would be the latest last orders .

Q. Can I bring my own wine and other drinks?
A. Yes that is acceptable for initially meeting and greeting your guests at your function, we take no corkage or other fees for you doing so. If your requirement in providing free drinks goes further than just an initial meet and greet then please discuss them with either Christine or Pauline  (see contacts)


Q. Can I hire a live band and/or disco?
A. Yes,

Q. Can I bring in recorded music to play?
A. Yes, we are a licensed PRS venue, so you are covered to play recorded music. But you will have to provide the means of playing the music. 

    (See T & C No. 14)